Dear KMS Family
Welcome back to the third term. I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday.
We welcome new children and their families to Knysna Montessori School.
- Alexandria Brenenhann joins Joey’s Toddler Class.
- Maddisson Drake will be joining the 6-9 Class for a term while her family is in South Africa.
- Lila-Joy Ovens (Gr 4) and Keo Ovens (Gr 6) join the 9-12 Class.
- Jodi-Anne Michael (Gr 4) joins the 9-12 Class.
- We welcome back Robert (Gr 8) and Artur Vades (Gr11) who will be joining us until the end of August during their stay in South Africa.
Alexandria, Maddisson, Jodi-Anne
Lila-Joy and Keo
Congratulations to Tatu Smurfit, our 3-6 Directress, on becoming a grandmother. Baby Samuel was born to Brandon (Tatu’s son) and his wife Paula a month ago.
Congratulations to our Middle and High School Afrikaans Directress, Marne Nigrini. She has shared the special news that she is expecting a baby in January. We wish her a healthy and happy pregnancy.
Candice Brink (12-15) has been selected as the Fresh Face for Marie-Claire magazine September issue and has been signed on with ICE Models. Many congratulations!
Please see the third term calendar for information regarding reports/assessments and exam dates.
The Middle School assessments will be conducted by the relevant teachers during the course of the third term during their normal timetable schedule.
Details will be outlined in the children’s diaries.
The 9-12 assessment week, and 15-18s exam dates are as per calendar.
If you should have any queries regarding any of the above kindly speak to the class teacher.
We are hosting the Taiwanese students for three weeks. They will be arriving on 31st July. We welcome them and hope they enjoy their stay.
We have a busy schedule for the third term, from Assessments and Reports, to Junior & Senior Inter House Hockey, Netball and Soccer to 9-12 Market Days and Science Fair. Also on the agenda are Preschool and Junior School Spring Tea’s, Maria Montessori’s birthday, School Photographs, MTB Spur Races, Outings, Matric Dance and 15-18 Award Ceremony. Please read the calendar carefully for details.
Sport and Clubs will continue as per last terms schedule.
Junior Clubs/Extra Murals:
- Ballet Club (6-12) private
- Mountain Biking (6-9) offered by the school,
- Yoga (9-12) private
- Junior Mountain Biking (9-12) private
- Drama private
- Music Club (6-9) private
- Introductory Recorder (6-9) offered by the school
- Music- Vocal & Piano private
- Yoga (6-9) private
- Music- Vocal & Piano
Middle School Clubs:
- Orff Club (Music) offered by the school “Orff Schulwerk”
Building Musicianship and more…through the integration of music, movement, speech and drama.
- Interactive Board Games offered by the school
- Mixed Hockey offered by the school
- Maintenance Club offered by the school
- Yoga (12-15) Private
- Senior Mountain Biking Private
Middle School students will sign up with the relevant teachers/coaches.
For Private/Extra Murals please sign up with the relevant service provider. Patricia in the front office will have the details.
I wish everyone a fun and productive term.