A vital part of the Montessori system is the integration of the principles of the system into all aspects of the child’s day. The internet is a great resource to help further your child(ren)’s education before and after school hours! Here are some links to help you.
- Research on multi-age classrooms: Multi-age Education
- Montessori and Common Core: Common Core and Public Montessori State Standards
- This link provides suggestions for Montessori parenting at every stage of toddler development: Daily Montessori.com
- Please also visit The Full Montessori for information involving the Montessori education system.
- This article explains how parents and caregivers can reinforce Montessori principles in the home, increasing student confidence and classroom success: Montessori at Home
- A touching look at ‘THAT’ child through a teacher’s eyes: http://missnightmutters.com/2014/11/dear-parent-about-that-kid.html
- Some lovely ways to create a Montessori friendly home: http://livingmontessorinow.com/montessori-monday-how-to-create-a-montessori-friendly-home/
- An insightful look into why the Montessori method really does work: http://www.nienhuis.com/why-montessori-education-works/
- Trevor Eissler makes the case for Montessori with Fast Draw: Montessori Madness
- A snippet of a documentary film project called “Building the Pink Tower” which will reimagine schools and learning through the lens of Montessori education: A Peek Inside a Montessori Classroom
- A “fast” look at an example of a 3 hour Montessori work cycle: A Montessori Morning
- An example of Montessori in the home: Montessori At Home Set-Up
- Montessori for Elementary Age Learners: Imagine a School
- Montessori Middle School: Two classroom Models
- For a brilliant, amusing, and inspiring talk on the broad issue of education reform, hear Sir Ken Robinson’s famous 2006 TED talk at:
BE PART OF WHAT MATTERS MOST TO YOU!
RAISE FUNDS FOR KMS WITHOUT IT COSTING YOU A CENT!
What is MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet
MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet is one of South Africa’s biggest fundraising programmes and raises over R5 million every month for schools, charities and animal welfare organisations. The program allows you to make a difference, just by shopping.
Every time you use your card at any of their partner stores, a percentage of your purchase value will be given back, on your behalf, to the school or charity you choose at absolutely no cost to you!
Get your free card today!